Oct 19 , 2017
U.S. Women's National Team vs. Korea Republic
- October 19, 2017 at 7:00 PM Add to cal
The U.S. Women’s National Team will take on the Korea Republic on Oct. 19 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans!
The USA last faced Korea Republic on May 30, 2015, drawing 0-0 at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J., in what was the last match before the historic run to the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup title.
“To play a highly technical and organized team like South Korea will give us more quality matches in 2017,” said U.S. head coach Jill Ellis. “They are consistently pushing the top teams in Asia and these games, right at the end of the NWSL season, will be a great window to get the team back together before our final FIFA dates in November.”
Additional Notes on the Match up:
- The USA is 7-0-2 all-time against Korea Republic, which is ranked 16th in the world.
- Both draws have been 0-0, the first coming in 2008 during the USA’s post-Olympic tour following the gold medal win in Beijing, and the second was the most recent meeting between the teams in 2015 in Harrison, N.J.
- The U.S. WNT last played in New Orleans in the final game of 2015, which was also the farewell game for U.S. legend Abby Wambach, a 1-0 loss to China PR.
- The USA’s only other match in Louisiana was in New Orleans in July of 2003, a 1-0 victory against Brazil.
Special Offer from the Hyatt Regency New Orleans
U.S. WNT vs. Korea Republic guests can take advantage of an exclusive 15% OFF food & beverage the Hyatt's Vitascope Hall! This event date will also feature beer on tap from $7.50! *Must show ticket stub. The Hyatt is located adjacent to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome complex.