Saints Gameday Procedures
We've worked closely with local & state officials, and Ochsner Health to develop a comprehensive health and safety plan, which is outlined below. Please read this page in its entirety to ensure you're ready for game day.
Per the NFL mandate, face coverings will be mandatory for all fans and staff, and must be worn at all times (other than while actively eating or drinking). Failure to comply with the NFL mandate will result in ejection from the stadium. Be a good teammate – because wearing a face covering not only helps to protect you, it helps protect other fans, our team and our staff.
Champions Square and Exterior Activities
Tailgating is not allowed at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and is highly discouraged around the area. Champions Square, club XLIV and Opening Act will not be open to guests.
All fans will be required to go through a temperature check prior to entering the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Guests that register a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be redirected to our cool-down area. From there, those guests will be given a second temperature reading. If the second reading is less than 100.4, the guest will be permitted to enter. If it remains at or above 100.4, the guest will not be permitted to attend the game.
Mobile Parking and Tickets
The Saints have shifted to 100% mobile tickets and parking passes. Your mobile tickets and/or parking passes can be downloaded to your phone, or transferred to your guests by logging into "Account Manager" via the Saints mobile app.
You will need to present your ticket(s) on a mobile phone in order to gain entry to the stadium. Please make sure your tickets are pulled up on your phone prior to entering the health-screening checkpoint. Each ticket can be displayed on an individual phone or all tickets in your group may be presented on one mobile phone. If you need assistance with your tickets upon arrival at the stadium, please visit the Box Office located outside Gate B.
Clear Bag Policy
The New Orleans Saints strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bag. Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container into the Mercedes-Benz Superdome:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com)
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, 6.5" x 4.5", with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose
Gate Openings and Entrances
We encourage all guests to enter the Gate that is noted on your Game Day Ticket. All plaza level entry gates will open to all season ticket holders 2 hours prior to kick-off. Gate A Ground will be exclusive for credentialed staff, media and ADA guests.
Please maintain physical distancing at least 6 feet while on Superdome property; including the parking lot, at the entry gates and as you move around the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. When exiting your seats for concessions, restrooms or following the game, please wait for aisles to clear to avoid congestion.
Your ticketholder party will be seated together in a "pod" of adjacent seats. Your pod will be separated from other groups by approximately six (6) feet. Please do not sit in any seat other than the one you've been assigned in order to help us maintain pod integrity. Also, please remember to maintain social distancing and do not visit other guests in their seating pod.
Social distancing will be enforced in high traffic areas, including:
- Restroom Locations
- Concessions Stands and Portable Locations
- Elevator Transportation
- Escalator Transportation
- Guest Service Locations
- Merchandise Locations
Proximity to Players and Each Other
The first several rows of seats closest to the field will be closed off to support physical distancing between fans and players. Stadiums will also be blocking off seats to support physical distancing among fans. Please stick to your assigned seats.
Touch free hand sanitizer locations will be placed throughout the stadium near concession locations, entrances to restrooms, walkways into seating sections, restrooms and guest services locations.
Smoke Free Facility
Designated smoking gates located exterior of the plaza level will be eliminated for the 2020 New Orleans Saints season in order to reduce unnecessary gathering.
Club lounges will be open with social distancing regulations. Please follow all signs and stadium staff guidelines when visiting these spaces:
- Premium Club areas that serve as a gathering area for premium guests will be activated in conjunction with health, social distancing, and capacity guidelines.
- Guests will still be required to wear a face covering or mask while in these spaces.
- There will a designated entry and exit door for all guests.
- Existing lounge furniture, tables, and chairs will be removed from these locations.
- Restrooms will be updated and monitored with best practice cleaning and social distancing guidelines.
- Awareness and directional signage will be placed strategically at each respective location.
Retail locations will be available on all levels of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, along with a new feature – the in-venue mobile shop! Fans will be able to order through the Saints Mobile App and pick up at various locations for a convenient shopping experience to purchase their favorite gear without or missing a minute of the action
Other health and safety updates have been made at each location:
- The number of fans who can enter will be determined by governmental capacity guidelines
- New store layouts to create a socially distant environment in the Team Store at Gate B.
- Every other register in use with individual shields, sanitizer, masks, and floor stickers for social distancing
- Cashless check out experience
The health and safety of our employees and fans is a priority for the New Orleans Saints and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The below updates have been made to the concession areas in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome:
- Every other Point-of-Sale device will be utilized to create social distancing for F&B queuing at open locations, and each device will cleaned frequently.
- Floor decals will be deployed assisting patrons with proper distancing, as well as additional signage surrounding the concession location.
- A customer facing barrier will be erected to minimized customer/patron interactions.
- Portable bars and food openings will be spaced out throughout the concourse areas and will have the same safety measures as the concession stands.
- Masks and gloves are required for all staff working concession stands and portable locations.
To ensure a safe environment for fans, all team and stadium personnel will follow the below protocols when interacting with fans:
- Must wear face masks, and exercise hand hygiene at all times.
- Attempt to maintain six feet distance from fans.
- Be courteous at all times and strive to keep conversations short.
- Do not physically interact with fans. No handshakes, "high fives", fist pumps, etc.
When working in an area that includes high touch points, ensure this area is regularly tended to with disinfectants. These locations include the following:
- Charging stations
- Concession stands/condiment areas
- Door Handles
- Guest Services desk
- Escalator Rails
- Elevator Buttons