Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome Home of the New Orleans Saints. We welcome all fans to enjoy the experience and cheer on the Saints to a Victory. One of the greatest experiences during a Saints game is tailgating with friends, family, and other fans before the Saints go marching in. Tailgating is permitted in the garages only in assigned parking spaces noted on the parking pass.
Preparing a pre-event meal, sharing stories from past events and taking in the excitement are some of the accepted tailgating practices prior to an event. Excessive consumption of alcohol and playing music at a volume disruptive to other fans are some examples of activities not permitted. Tailgating activities are required to end at the start of the event. All fans are reminded that the NFL Fan Code of Conduct applies to all parking garages.
2018 EVENT DAY PARKING GUIDELINES
- Opens 5 hours prior to kick-off – This applies to both vehicles and fans. Please follow the direction of law enforcement as vehicles cannot block the flow of traffic in the parking garage.
- Tailgating permitted until kick-off – Fans are asked to cease all Tailgating activities in the parking garages at kick-off.
- Vehicles are not allowed to park overnight at any time. Any vehicles left overnight will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Parking allocation – Vehicles taking more than one parking designation or parked incorrectly will be subject to tow. All fees associated with the removal and impounding of the vehicle will be the responsibility of the owner.
- Oversized vehicles are not allowed in parking garages – RVs, Buses Trailers and similar vehicles are not allowed in the parking garages.
- “Speed loading of the parking lots” – Fans are asked to follow the direction of the parking team member to quickly park your vehicle. Vehicles that, do not park in a location instructed by parking team member, upon request, are subject to tow. All fees associated with the removal and impounding of the vehicle will be the responsibility of the owner.
- Reserved spaces – All spaces are reserved in the garages on game day.
- Tailgating spaces – Tailgating in garages must be limited to the area within the lanes of your designated parking space. Tailgating equipment, such as chairs, tents, propane/ natural gas grills and other items, cannot extend beyond vehicles parking space.
- Excessive or Underage alcohol consumption will not be tolerated – Drinking games or any other activity that is linked to competitive or excessive drinking are not permitted. Games or activities determined by security to be harmful to fans will not be allowed.
- Natural gas or propane grills only no charcoal – For the safety of all fans, charcoal grills, wood stoves, oil fryers, open pit fires and or any other cooking stations or related tools are not permitted in garages
- No Glass containers – The use of glass containers is not allowed in the parking garages. All serving equipment or beverages need to be in non-glass material.
- Tent size and weighing – Fans are permitted to bring up to one (1) 10’ by 10’ tent per parking space Tents and tailgating equipment used in the parking space must not extend beyond your designated parking space or other areas deemed by parking or security staff as an obstruction. For safety reason, tents must be taken down at kick-off. It is required that all tents be weighted down to prevent movement, over-turning, etc. because of weather and or pedestrian traffic.
- Sale of food or beverage items is prohibited – Private catering companies are not allowed in parking garages
- Non-licensed motorized vehicles are prohibited – Golf carts, Segways, skateboards, bicycles, scooters, hover boards and other non-licensed motorized vehicles (other than permitted vehicles) are not permitted.
- Radio controlled model aircraft, unmanned aircraft systems and other similar devices (i.e. drones) are prohibited – Possession or operation of such devices will result in immediate ejection from the area, confiscation of all such devices and potential law enforcement intervention.
- Portable Public-Address systems are not permitted – Sound systems cannot be used at excessive volume levels or playing music not suitable for a public setting (i.e. profanity in lyrics) as determined by parking lot or security team member.
- Small portable electric generators (6500W or less) are allowed – Electrical cords cannot be placed across parking area drive aisles or in areas that would create a hazard for any fan.
- Advertising or Large Banners in poor taste are not permitted – Advertising or large banners in poor taste are not allowed in the parking garages.
- No liability – Cars are parked at owner’s risk. The New Orleans Saints and SMG assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to cars or its contents (including but not limited to tailgating items). Lock your vehicle and do not leave valuables in plain view.
- The NFL Fan Code of Conduct will be enforced throughout the parking garages.
Any violation of the Fan Code of Conduct may result in the revocation of parking privileges.